Ever since Facebook announced the formation of its Metaverse division and augmented reality project, the whole world has gone crazy. AR applications took the development world by storm, and tech companies started racing to develop virtual environments. Everyone wants to grab a slice of the cake that Mark Zuckerberg is baking in Meta’s labs.
However, the fitness industry was one of many markets deeply impacted by the Metaverse. International fitness companies are striving to establish a strong presence in the Metaverse by developing virtual gyms and fitness systems.
As weird as it might sound to someone new to augmented reality, the approach is promising, and millions of dollars are being invested for better results. In this article, we’ll introduce the concept of Metaverse fitness centers and demonstrate the differences between traditional and virtual gyms in detail.
What are virtual workouts anyway?
A virtual workout is a real workout in which people have to put an effort while exercising with a main difference in the surrounding environment. Training virtually means using augmented reality equipment like glasses or headsets to join others and train with them in the virtual world.
People can engage with each other and professional trainers regardless of their geographical locations as long as they can access the virtual gym and have the proper equipment. Although it’s a virtual fitness center, people still need to use real training machines like ellipticals, treadmills, and weights.
For example, instead of playing tennis alone, you can join your friend to play tennis in the virtual world where the platform will provide virtual tennis rackets and balls, and all you need is enough space to run around and enjoy a challenging game. Another example is body building in the Metaverse fitness center; you still need to lift weights for real, but you can exercise in a virtual environment and interact with a virtual personal bodybuilding trainer.
Traditional VS. virtual gyms
Virtual gyms can’t function properly without traditional ones for some games. Meanwhile, it can provide the maximum experience for many sports without needing traditional gyms. Following are the basic differences between the two:
- In traditional gyms, people need to show up in a specific location to train with others. Meanwhile, in virtual gyms, people can simply log in from anywhere and train or compete against others.
- In traditional gyms, there has to be transportation time and costs. Meanwhile, virtual gyms can save it since people can train from their backyards and still engage with others virtually.
- Traditional gyms are limited to a certain number of people, while virtual gyms can simultaneously hold unlimited participants.
- Traditional gyms could cause health issues in cases of infections like COVID-19, while virtual gyms embrace social distancing to the maximum.
- Traditional gyms have limited training programs with professional coaches, while in virtual gyms, coaches could join from all around the world even if they don’t work in the same gym.
- Traditional gyms can’t organize ongoing competitions, contests, and games, unlike virtual gyms where arranging tournaments is easy and accessible.
- Traditional gyms have training machines and necessary equipment, while virtual gyms lack that because it offers the environment and communication channel but can’t offer the physical tools.
- Traditional gyms can’t offer exercise reports, while virtual gyms can provide detailed training information that helps monitor performance and suggests future improvements.
Fitness brands are embracing the Metaverse
Fitness brands started joining the Metaverse by developing virtual gyms and products using the NFT revolution and Blockchain technology to harvest the results of such an approach financially and offer a comprehensive user experience.
Everyone knows that sooner or later, millions of people will be training in the Metaverse, especially Generation Z. They have embraced the technology and started to adopt a new lifestyle centered around a healthier system that overlaps their daily life. An approach that augmented reality has offered with ease by utilizing user-friendly equipment.
Vital Veda is one of the leading Metaverse fitness platforms that exceeded expectations in offering users a new virtual workout experience. It starts by training virtually and ends with challenges and contests where players have a chance to win tokens and later use them in developing their virtual characters or even generating a passive income from them.
The idea behind Vital Veda is to combine exercising with making revenue as a method to motivate people to train more and challenge others in organized contests. It’s not just a Metaverse fitness center but a virtual ecosystem contributing to people’s health and well-being.
Suppose you’re thinking about exercising soon, consider a virtual fitness center instead of a traditional one and benefit from the many advantages. Besides motivational training, you might make some profits on the side and enjoy your time challenging other players.